Monday, April 14, 2014

What Have I Learned In English So Far?

What have I learned in English so far? would have to be my presentation me and my partner was assigned. Our presentation was about run on sentences and comma splices. Those two things was something I had, and still have trouble with. I learn about what they mean, and what you can do to correct them. When presenting it to the class we had to read the definition and show examples which I think help explain the concept of them well. Run on sentences is (sometimes called a "fused sentence") has at least two parts, either one of which can stand by itself (in other words, two independent clauses), but the two parts have been smooshed together instead of being properly connected. A Comma splice is when two independent clauses are connected by only a comma, they constitute a run-on sentence. By teaching the topics to the class I taught myself how to correct them. know when I'm writing a paper I know what to look for when it comes to run-ons and comma splices.

No comments:

Post a Comment