Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Art Museum

Last Friday me and a few friends went to a museum in Richmond. My friend had to go to the Virginia museum of fine arts for her art class. I had went last semester for my art appreciation class so I knew where it was, so we decided to make it into a group thing. I like art and the meaning behind it. The  structure of the museum was nice. My favorite part would probably be the café it was a nice and had a lot of space. Plus they had a deck outside where you could sit and view the pond that was underneath with fishes in it. Which I thought was a very nice scenery. I saw a lot of art work I liked and saw a few favorites but I don't remember any of the names. First one I liked was a painting and it had red, yellow, blue, and black big strips with white small handprints. I liked it because it was different and unexpected. Second I liked was a structure that looked like colorful dripping paint. I liked it because I thought it was really neat and big. Those two art pieces really stuck out to me. My first experience I had with the museum which was with my art class. It wasn't really fun cause we couldn't explore on are own, and we had to listen to the teacher talk which was very boring. But the second time I went with my friends was much funnier because we can explore where ever we wanted too, and we weren't supervised. Even though I enjoyed the museum I wouldn't go again but if I have to I would.

2 comments:

  1. What art was it for, it sound like this class could possibly be fun. But like the way you described everything as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was for art appreciation with Ms. Murphy and Thank you!

      Delete